Savannah Bicycle Campaign teaches fundamentals of cycling and cycling skills to school children and adults:
- 12 American Bicycle League Cycling Instructors (LCIs); this is the most per capita of a city our size or larger
- Bicycle rodeos and carnivals held at 5 area schools reaching around 200 school kids annually
- Distribution of free helmets through a cooperative arrangement with SafeKids Savannah
- Traffic Skills 101 classes teach the basics of safe bicycling on the road through a curriculum from the League of American Bicyclists.
- Bike education course was included beginning in 2011 in SCAD orientation. We are working with SCAD contacts, including student board members, to have more formal training to SCAD students in more classes, more often.
Through public education campaigns — public service announcements and other engagement of the media — we also work to educate motorists on laws regarding bicycling and how to safely share the road.