This dynamic, fun-loving organization seeks a full time Executive Director to build on five strong years of growth. The position offers the opportunity to develop innovative programs for bicycling education and encouragement and to engage local and state government to promote sustainable transportation in one of America’s most beautiful, quirky and diverse cities.
The Executive Director of the Savannah Bicycle Campaign (SBC) is responsible for working with the engaged SBC board of directors to implement the vision of a better Savannah through bicycles. The Executive Director has a varied set of tasks:
- • Tracking local and state transportation bodies for relevant issues;
- • Developing and implementing strategy for policy changes in local government by working with city staff and elected officials;
- • Coordinating logistics and volunteers for educational programs, existing events such as the Midnight Garden Ride fundraiser and, together with the City of Savannah, the exciting new Play Streets Ciclovia series;
- • Directing, together with the board of directors, ongoing strategic plans for continued advancement including sound financial management.
The successful candidate possesses the following skills and characteristics:
- • Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience;
- • Ability to participate in bicycle events and demonstrate cycling proficiency and best practices in safety;
- • Ability to lead meetings and give presentations to large groups;
- • Creativity, energy and persuasiveness;
- • Strong attention to detail; and
- • A love for biking and fun times.
The position offers competitive compensation for similar organizations in the area. Sound financial management offers the opportunity for annual pay increases. The work schedule is flexible and day-to-day work variable. Savannah is a welcoming city with an active arts community and ample opportunity for outdoor recreation.
This is a unique opportunity – apply today! Resume and cover letter including your minimum required salary should be sent with three current references to the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Friday, February 15, 2013. We can be reached for questions at 912-228-3096.